Fall Fun for Kids
Summer may be long gone, but that doesn't mean the fun has to end. Fall can be one of the greatest times of year for fun family activities. With falling leaves and crisp temperatures, Fall's a great time to be outside. Here are some fun and inexpensive ways to bring the family together:
- Get baking. Fall is a great time to bake pies, such as apple and pumpkin pies.
- Go hiking. Visit state parks to find safe and family-friendly trails.
- Camp out. You can visit a campground or set up one right in your backyard.
- Decorate your front door. Your kids will be able to show their artistic talents for all to see.
- Make a scarecrow. That's one sure way to make good use of all those fall leaves.
- Collect acorns and paint them. You can put them in a jar for a festive decoration.
- Have a campfire. Toast marshmallows or make S'mores.
- Attend a football game. If you can't afford a professional or college game, cheer on your hometown high school team.
- Play flag football. Gather extended family, neighbors, and friends for a healthy competition.
- Jump in leaves. It's a fun and healthy way for kids to get exercise.
- Visit an apple orchard or farm. Kids can pick apples or pumpkins, go on tractor rides, and pet animals.
- Have family game nights. Nothing brings a family together better than a game of Monopoly or Chutes and Ladders.
- Build a fort. Take those blankets out of storage and put them to good use by building a fort with your children.
- Have a fall party for kids. Plan activities, such as crafts, sack races, and apple bobbing.
- Go leaf peeping. Fall is a great time to view beautiful scenery and foliage.
Winter will be here before you know it, so be sure to get out and have some Fall fun!