Home Purchase Basics
What to Expect When You’re Buying a House
Congratulations on your decision to buy a new home! There are many important things to consider throughout the process, especially if you’re a first-time home buyer. Here’s some information that will keep you on track.
A home purchase may be your largest financial transaction to date, so it’s important to make the right decisions and to keep an eye on the details. With the assistance of Your Loan Officer and Real Estate Agent, it should be an efficient, pleasant and ultimately rewarding experience. There are many important things to consider throughout the process, especially if you’re a first-time home buyer. Here’s some information that will keep you on track.
Count on your Bridgewater Savings Loan Officer to:
- Assist you in selecting the best loan to meet your personal situation and goals. (This single decision can save you thousands of dollars throughout the years!)
- Keep you informed of your loan status throughout the entire process.
- Keep your Real Estate Agent informed of our loan progress (Note: your personal information is always kept confidential between you and us; only details regarding the progress are shared.)
- Get the appropriate loan for you at the best rates and fees. This will save you significant money “up front” and throughout the years to come.
Count on Yourself to:
- Make sure you are pre-approved as early as possible. This will put the power of financing behind you so you can concentrate on selecting your home.
- Keep Your Loan Officer and Real Estate Agent informed of any questions or concerns as they develop.
- Keep the process moving by providing documentation and decisions as soon as reasonably possible. By doing so, many of the details are taken care of early in the process so you can comfortably concentrate on any last-minute details or events that require your attention.
- Enjoy purchasing your home, but do remain objective throughout – to make the decisions that are best for you.