Spring Clean Your Life
It's spring, the time to get out your cleaners and yard tools, and start cleaning up your home. It's also a great time to polish up something that's even more valuable than your home – your life. Here are some small chores that can go a long way in helping you grow this spring:
- Shine up that resume. Thinking about making a career change? Or putting your name in for that promotion at work? Break out that resume and make some changes. Be sure to update your current work experience and any new skills or education you may have acquired, and format your resume so that your accomplishments stand out.
- Straighten up your finances. Do you want to grow your savings? Or do you have credit card or other debt you would like to clear out? Stop and review your budget to determine how you can save more, and do it. The extra money you find can be used to invest or pay down debt.
- Clean out and declutter. Less is more. So, if you have clothes, shoes, or other items in your closet you never wear, clear them out. Consider donating gently used clothes and other items to a local charity to help those in need. If you have a desktop or workstation that's overflowing with papers and mail, purchase folders and organizers to make your work life a little less complicated.
- Hang up social media distractions. Social media is a great way to connect with others, but it can also be a distraction that takes you away from the things important to you. Consider turning off notifications, so you won't be constantly distracted or interrupted by people who comment on your photos or like your posts.
- Get outdoors. Spring is a great time to be outside. Think about taking up a new outdoor exercise, such as bike riding, tennis, or walking. If you really want to challenge yourself, train to compete in a road or bike race.
- Mix in some laughter. Laughter is one of the best ways to manage stress and connect with others. Try to bring laughter in your life by watching your favorite sitcom or attending a comedy show.
The short spring season will be gone before you know it; so start freshening up your life today.